Better Science for All
Watch HRA’s animation featuring Marty the marmoset, which draws attention to the use of animals in research and the alternative methods now available.
Produced by Humane Research Australia, this six-part presentation by Dr Andrew Knight, is suitable for schools, community groups and anyone who has an interest in animals. It provides a professional rationale against the use of animals in research and is recommended viewing for anyone interested in ending the use of animals in research.
Beyond the cage – Is Animal Experimentation Necessary?
Introduced by Suzie Wilks, this 15 minute DVD introduces the ethical and scientific arguments against the use of animals in research and forms an ideal basis for discussion on this highly controversial issue.
Online Films and Documentaries
- ‘Safer Medicines’ is an excellent film released by Europeans for Medical Progress. You can view it free on-line (length about 30 minutes).
- The Medical Illusion by Evolution Films examines the reasons behind delays for cures and treatments for major diseases.
- Test Subjects features young researchers discussing the pressures placed upon them to use animals, despite the lack of relevance to their research.
- Actor, comedian and animal advocate Ricky Gervais interviews Dr Ray Greek on animal experimentation. Watch the interview here.
Gold Standard Turned to Rust introduces the central arguments and science behind the push to move away from the failing animal model and into a new era of more efficient – and humane – science.
- View some short videos from Professor Andrew Knight discussing animal research into depression, primate research, and animals in education.